Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I decided to try making a shirt for Thomas, since I've been sewing mostly for Eleanor recently. I found a pattern with good reviews on Pattern Review and some cute fabric. First, I traced the size 3 pattern from the multi-sized pattern onto some interfacing, then used that to cut out the shirt pieces. Due to the print, cutting out the shirt pieces so that the trucks lined up across the front and were centered on the back and sleeves was a bit tricky. I had found some good tips for making shirts on the internet, and I used several of those, like topstitching everything and finishing the facings neatly. Everything went smoothly, and even the buttonholes behaved! I'm pleased with the way it turned out, and I think Thomas will like it, too.
Monday, March 2, 2009
We kept the grandchildren last weekend while their parents enjoyed some much-needed R&R. Amanda entertained them beautifully with her amazing balloon art skills!