Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just a quick post to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!  We will be just three around the table this year, as our children are celebrating with in-laws, but a lovely relaxed day is one of my favorite things.  My table features my Grandma Rachel's wedding china, Heinrich H&C's Admiral with colors perfect for the season.  Bronze and burgundy mums add a late fall touch before our thoughts turn to Christmas decorating.
On the menu:  stuffed turkey rolls (from boned thighs), cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, green beans, yeast rolls, and a new-to-us cranberry compote that includes BACON! (How bad can it BE?)  For dessert, I've made a browned-butter pecan pie and mini chocolate chess pies, with lots of whipped cream available.
Enjoy your day and count your blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Tricia, happy to see your post pop up on my sidebar. I miss you!
    There were only four around our table. We had a lovely non-traditional meal and delightful conversation followed by an impromptu visit by my godson and his family in town from NYC. We got in a late afternoon walk, and our kitchen is clean and tidy. Yes, it was a perfect day!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small groups can be fun too. Enjoy those that are there with you at the table. The others will be back soon. Thanks for featuring your grandmother's china. I am sure those are cherished pieces.

    ReplyDelete