Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Here's a close-up of the table setting I used for Thanksgiving this year. I wanted to use my grandmother's wedding china, and to highlight the colors, I placed her dinner plates on top of gold ceramic plates from Pier 1. I used my own silver and crystal (wedding gifts from 1972).

China: Admiral pattern from Heinrich/H&C (1927)
Crystal: Lenox Moonspun (1972)
Silver: Lunt Belvedere (1972)

The napkins were embroidered by my grandmother. The cutwork tablecloth was also hers, but I think it was purchased.

Here are two views of the table. For the centerpiece, I put mums and hypericum berries into a glass and silver dish that belonged to my husband's parents. I added two silver candy dishes holding sugar pears.


Here is a view of the sideboard, with the dessert plates, coffee cups, and some serving pieces of Grandma's china. I love the round, covered butter dish!

Grandma's china also includes multiple vegetable bowls and platters -- perfect for all the Thanksgiving menu items!

0 comments:

I enjoy your comments!