Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day!

Some of you may remember this photo of our backyard from an outdoor tablescape last June.
Well, here's the same view at 7:15 this morning.
Here's a wider view of that part of the backyard.

Now, this doesn't look like much snow to those of you who've had tons of it already this winter, but here in central Texas, this counts!  We were delighted to get the news that our university is closed today -- also very rare! 

Here are a few more pics, taken from the front dining room window.
 In this one you can see we're on a steep hill (for this area, anyway), so I expect we'll soon have neighborhood kids sliding down our front yard on sheets of cardboard.  Who needs a sled? 
 I love the graceful trees in this one.
Meanwhile, Mr. D&D was busy building a fire, baking a quiche, and opening our emergency bottle of champagne for cranberry mimosas.  I think I'll keep him. . . .
Stay warm, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Tricia! Stunning pics! I used to love snow when I was growing up in NY, actually, I prayed for white Xmas and all...course, it was nice to stay home from school when there was a blizard. I had a hill in front of my parent's home and we used to slide down in a little slay my brother and I had! Such memories, WOW!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my Litlle girls Valentine's tea party. They had a ball filling up the cup with coco, (hardly any tea, haha). U slittle girls from the 50's always had little china tea sets and we played tea time very often, I had a couple tea sets, one that my grandma gave me for Xmas and the other from my parents. I wonder what ever happened to them!
    Happy Love Season.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the snow is finding many unusual places to fall this winter...beautiful photos, Tricia. That is a little more than a dusting, too...Stay in by the fire! We are going to be getting more of that white stuff tonight, Sunday and again on Tuesday...enough is enough...I want Spring.

    ReplyDelete